What are you doing today?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Rode Honda Goldwing trike down to the famous spot named Hillbilly Hotdog. A hole in the wall place near Huntington WV. Beautiful day for a ride.

Now getting ready for going to Marietta Ohio's Sternwheeler fesitvale tomorrow. Fireworks this year should be great. They are going all out for the 45th year of this event. Lots of sternwheelers have already showed up. Should be a blast. Here is a pic I took last Tuesday of the early arrivals.

TuesdayOutingSept7th4.jpg
TuesdayOutingSept7th3.jpg

ThumbsUp

Boat is staying docked on Lake Huron this weekend, Marine warnings 20mpg winds with 25mpg gusts. Oh well,, the sun is out and we are camping.. or glamping? Gonna have a bon fire night!

Got a long legged bird on my dock...

Attachments

• 20210911_100236.jpg
    20210911_100236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Sternwheeler weekend was a huge success.
Here are a couple videos of fireworks that truly do not do them justice but gives you an peek
One shows waterfall off the bridge across the ohio river at Marietta. They do this once every 5 years as part of fireworks show.

Phillbo

Ran up and spent a couple days doing maintenance to be prepped for the season... Going back up and running up lake with 3 other cruisers next week.....
wahweap.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nice day today but no boating for me. Have to go to wally world to return some boots and then get groceries. Oh boy. Fun fun.
What are you up to today?

unplugged

Packing and cleaning and prepping the house to sell as the wife and I have decided to build. We’ve been kicking it around for about a year now and decided it’s go time

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Packing and cleaning and prepping the house to sell as the wife and I have decided to build. We’ve been kicking it around for about a year now and decided it’s go time
Congrats. A big undertaking but so worth it. Wife and I did the same 20 years ago. Sure glad we did.

willbaker13

My wife is pressing me to move out of state. Where are you headed if you don't mind me asking? I told her "if" we move it will be my last so better be a great state to live/retire in.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Rode Honda Goldwing trike down to the famous spot named Hillbilly Hotdog. A hole in the wall place near Huntington WV. Beautiful day for a ride.

Now getting ready for going to Marietta Ohio's Sternwheeler fesitvale tomorrow. Fireworks this year should be great. They are going all out for the 45th year of this event. Lots of sternwheelers have already showed up. Should be a blast. Here is a pic I took last Tuesday of the early arrivals.

View attachment 1318View attachment 1319
Nice that you got to spend time with both your girls'
Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Saturday, trailered from Toledo to Metro Beach Michigan. Took about an hour to cross a 3 mile stretch of Lake St. Clair to the South Channel of The St. Clair River (quartered 3ft head on seas), once in the channel all was good. Ran a couple of the Canadian tributaries. ( My escape to the wilderness). Logged in 4&1/2 hrs running time that day. Spent the night at The Algonac Harbor Club. Sunday the water laid down, 15 min. to cross Lake St. Clair. Probably was my last week-end escape boat trip for the season.:(

ThumbsUp

Nice b
Saturday, trailered from Toledo to Metro Beach Michigan. Took about an hour to cross a 3 mile stretch of Lake St. Clair to the South Channel of The St. Clair River (quartered 3ft head on seas), once in the channel all was good. Ran a couple of the Canadian tributaries. ( My escape to the wilderness). Logged in 4&1/2 hrs running time that day. Spent the night at The Algonac Harbor Club. Sunday the water laid down, 15 min. to cross Lake St. Clair. Probably was my last week-end escape boat trip for the season.:(
View attachment 1329
Nice boating in 3 the channels and ST. Clair RR! Lots of places to go. Did it for years and years before moving north to Saginaw Bay.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Today I ventured up to Columbus OH to see my granddaughter compete in a gymnastics meet. All these girls are amazing at how well they perform this stuff.

ThumbsUp

Last sunset of the season on lake huron. It's gonna be a long wait!

Attachments

• 20210918_193228.jpg
    20210918_193228.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Well, I did something I'd never done until today. I rode my honda goldwing trike
in a VFW ride to support injured veterans. Similar to a poker run but they used dice instead. You rolled 3 die at each of the 5 stops and logged your total. At the end they add up your five scores. Highest score wins top prize. Lowest score got the 2nd place.
We rode over 160 miles of beautiful back roads. Truly enjoyed the ride.
No one was available to boat with us so this was the perfect option for my wife and I.

ThumbsUp

Well, I did something I'd never done until today. I rode my honda goldwing trike
in a VFW ride to support injured veterans. Similar to a poker run but they used dice instead. You rolled 3 die at each of the 5 stops and logged your total. At the end they add up your five scores. Highest score wins top prize. Lowest score got the 2nd place.
We rode over 160 miles of beautiful back roads. Truly enjoyed the ride.
No one was available to boat with us so this was the perfect option for my wife and I.
That is so touching Doc! Thanks for doing what you do!