Bouncing tach

Bjskier

I have a new to me 2006 256SSI
My tach is bouncing all over the place. Where to start trouble shooting?

Thanks in advance

LAKETIME

I just installed a VesselView, with help from Arnie, at Mercury Marine customer service. I haven't run it 'live', but it looks promising. It should be much more accurate than the 'analog' gauges that we've been accustomed to using. If it's half as good as I think it is, I would consider it one of the best (and cheapest) investments for a Mercruiser...

Bjskier

I just installed a VesselView, with help from Arnie, at Mercury Marine customer service. I haven't run it 'live', but it looks promising. It should be much more accurate than the 'analog' gauges that we've been accustomed to using. If it's half as good as I think it is, I would consider it one of the best (and cheapest) investments for a Mercruiser...
What year / model engine do you have?

Bjskier

Do you have contact info for Arnie? I cannot find the correct connector to plug the VV into

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I just ordered VV also. And I'm concerned about finding the plug in so I'll be watching for the contact info. Thx.

LAKETIME

Hi, Bj and Doc,

Sorry I'm so slow in getting this contact info to you!!
The last number I called was: 920-924-1378, in Fond Du Lac. I don't recall the the extension, but just follow the prompts to get to 'stern drives'...

Reactions: Doc

LAKETIME

Just following up. The number that I posted was a line to Tim, at Mercury. If that doesn't work, the main # for Tech Support is: 920-929-5040.

Bjskier

I just ordered VV also. And I'm concerned about finding the plug in so I'll be watching for the contact info. Thx.
I found the plug in the port rear corner. And it had a weather cap on it, not a terminator. I installed a yellow terminator on the VV pigtail and everything worked! And my tach stopped bouncing too!. Gauge reads higher than VV and I will trust VV

Attachments

• 20220615_130340.jpg
    20220615_130340.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 69
  • plug location.jpg
    plug location.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 67