1997 chaparral 290 signature

Mark B

I have a1999 chaparral 290 signature with twin 350’s. I can’t get the water pump to turn on or even find the pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
The water pump turns on when engine is running. You have the sea water pump which pullls the water from the lake to cool your engine.
Or are yu talking of the bilge pump that pulls water from the bottom of the boat? You would have a switch for it on your dash and can turn it on without the engine running. Bilge pump would be under the engines near the lowest point of the boat. You can find it or them by following the hose that leads to where the bilge expells the water from boat.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Try Chap, or Cecil Marine, maybe Wingnut, have not heard from him in a long time.
Have you tried looking it up on the net?

Reactions: Doc

fmmahan

Hi.. The domestic water pump is located under the bed in the aft cabin. Once you remove the bedding/mattress there should be a hinged door for access. The macerator pump and holding tanks are there

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like how they put the battery in your car, when they have no good place to put it to be accessible. Lol

Iggy

I had a 2011 Sig 290. The fresh water pump was on the port side over the water tank.

repetejon

If fresh water pump and it is not working and u locate it and can feel it running then u may need to prime the pump.