2023 Boat Shows

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Happy Holidays to all and yours's.
Be safe and healthy for the coming season.
Cleveland Boat Show is less then a month away.
12-15-Jan-2023

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Another up date for those that might be interested.
The Detroit Boat Show.
January 14-16 & 19-22
They have incorporated 2 week-ends and omitted the middle of the week.
This photo is part of their advertisement.

These same 3 would enjoy nice scenic boat ride as long as they did not loose connection. lol
1673141090230.png

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Another up date for those that might be interested.
The Detroit Boat Show.
January 14-16 & 19-22
They have incorporated 2 week-ends and omitted the middle of the week.
This photo is part of their advertisement.

These same 3 would enjoy nice scenic boat ride as long as they did not loose connection. lol
View attachment 1759
Thanks, maybe we will get some traffic about other shows.

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
It's nice to window shop. I don't go to buy, I just like to see what is offered today for the boaters to spend their money on.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
It's nice to window shop. I don't go to buy, I just like to see what is offered today for the boaters to spend their money on.
Same here. Not boat shopping just looking for the kewl accessories. Much better to see them in person than online. No real boat stores around me so boat shows are fun.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Same here. Not boat shopping just looking for the kewl accessories. Much better to see them in person than online. No real boat stores around me so boat shows are fun.
I like gadget shopping.

Iggy

New England Boat Show is coming up. It gives us something to do and sometimes you see something new that you could use.

Phillbo

Around here the boat shows have morphed into Sportsman shows. More fishing boats and side by sides than anything else.... not worth the cost for me.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I understand, one year they incorporated a bridal show next to ours, and another year a home and garden show. Both to help fill up space, that years ago the show took up all the space and more. This year I think the largest boat was about 35 foot with 3 outboards. Another boat had twin 600 Mercs on the back. No cuddy's, except for the larger ones, (and then only a couple of them) they are an era gone by, lots of pontoon's, lots of Lund look a likes, PWC's and not one had a price tag on it. and of course bow riders and walk arounds. A couple of small Chaparrals, 3 formulas, I may have missed them , but I do not remember seeing any Sea Ray's. Lots of outboards, the only boats with inboards were the old Lyman's. They had some fishing demos and product venders and descent gadget booths and detail people with good info and product. Of which I have order a product that they say will remove 38 years of dirt and grime on my girls vinyl, by simply spraying it on waiting for a short period and then just wiping it off, that I was told by a pro boat detailer, I will let you know when I try it. My friend had his traditional 1 show can of beer. ($11.00). Tickets were $20.00 - Seniors and Military $15.00, Children 6 and under free. All in all, considering what we all have been and are being put through these past years, we are surviving. Talked with many of the venders, and the attitudes were very positive. Talked with the vender that I have known for many years, in fact I purchased my little boat from him. He said that he sold every inflatable that he had brought to the same show last year. I am sure that I have missed some things of which will resurface sooner or later, all I know that it was a perfect way to spend a snowy 28 degree day
along the shores of Lake Erie, and then to top it all off with a nice dinner with another boating buddy.

Detroit Boat Show next week-end.:)

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Made it to the Detroit Boat Show Friday. I was short on time, so I did not have any time to look at things. I was mainly there to gather information. So I headed for the Boarder Patrol booth first, to find out why I had received a new preapproved Nexus card, without having to go in. I thought it might be a scam. They said no, that they are so over loaded that they are using the past records of the people that had been previously approved, ( this was my 3rd card). I activated the card and there was no activation charge for the card, like the 2 times before.

Next, was The Canadian Customs. I had heard that the ban had been lifted, and it is.
You can run their waters without calling in, as long as you do not drop anchor, raft off of another boat, or touch land.
If you are going to do any of these you must call in. There report in number is.
1-888-CAN-PASS or, if this is easier (for me it is) 1-888-226 7277.
You can use the port of entry land line or your cell.

As I said, I was short on time, however as I was walking by, it looked like Chaparral was well represented.