23 Chaparral

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Depends. I would not take a 23 ft out in rough waters. but when things are smooth it would be okay.
I had a 23 ft I rented in FL and it did great on the intercoastal but out in the deep water it was rough cruising due to the waves.
So, yeah, it could go out on the ocean on days when the water is smooth. You could go out when it's rough but it would not be a fun ride.

SST

Go to YouTube and look for Haulover inlet and watch what happens to small boats. Learn your lesson before you go.
Go to the national data buoy site and look for buoys in your area that report winds and wave height. I use it all the time for Lake Erie.

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
23 SSi - Will be using it to cruise around no more than a mile or so from shore. Want to know if it's good for ocean. I hear that it might not be. Live in Long Beach CA
You have to pick your days, and watch the weather.
Around here if you feel feel a quick drop in temperature, you have about 20 minutes to run and hide.
Also do not over load your girl, and you can never have too many life jackets.

Iggy

If you have a bow rider I would put in an extra bilge pump. They get swamped very easy.

Chaps are mainly lake boats so I would use Predict Winds app for wave heights and wind.

JRTBRUIN

You have to pick your days, and watch the weather.
Around here if you feel feel a quick drop in temperature, you have about 20 minutes to run and hide.
Also do not over load your girl, and you can never have too many life jackets.
thanks, appreciate your advise