24' Signature 1996 Love it Hate it!

Hi y'all! New to this forum. I bought a 1996 Signature 24 3 years ago. Besides the issues with my 7.4 Volvo Penta, I have an issue with moisture/water/fluid collecting after several days in the water in the sunken floor between the head and the fridge. I can't figure out what the source of the water is. The sump area under the first step to the rear of this area is not the culprit, nor is the sink. We don't take showers in it yet, so that's not the source. The wood/material under the carpet is starting to get a little soft, so at some time I'll have to replace that. Any help or suggestions would help. I'm hoping someone has come across this before. I just can't see where this water is coming. It's a trailered boat so it's only when I'm on a dock (salt) for multiple days. Love the boat and it's features! I've got it set up for salmon fishing and just had a great trip. (other than the 7.4 deciding not to start) TIA

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Could it be your fresh water supply tank or one of the lines going to one of the fixtures? Or the water heater?

dgiles

If it is salt water then it could very well be your rub rail leaking. If it is leaking while sitting, then no, but if leaking after running through waves for a while, that could be an issue. Need to seal all the screws holding the rail again.

Could it be your fresh water supply tank or one of the lines going to one of the fixtures? Or the water heater?
I'll look at the sink and the lines, access through the cubby on the side. I would think of these are the problem, it would be wet below that area.
Thank you!

If it is salt water then it could very well be your rub rail leaking. If it is leaking while sitting, then no, but if leaking after running through waves for a while, that could be an issue. Need to seal all the screws holding the rail again.
Is this a known low point for any water coming in?