244 sunesta Gauges

Mgoblue297

Made the jump hoping to find some help. I have a 2009 244 sunesta. My dash gauges all stopped working. There is a long beep, tach is stuck at 5200 but the boat runs fine. GPS works fine but none of the gauges are showing anything. I keep thinking of maybe trying to convert to a glass display. Like 2 7 or 9 inch displays one GPS and the other vessel view or something. Any ideas on with what is wrong or if the upgrade is possible or worth it.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Since none of the gauges are working then I would think it could be a power or grounding problem.

To diagnose you need to turn on the key and make sure the first gauge in the string has +12 volts on the "I" (ignitiion) terminal. Which is the first gauge in the string? That would likely be the one closest to the ignition switch. If the first gauge has power, but doesn't work, then make sure it has a ground connection. Hope this helps.

As for upgrading to a screen, I had one last year and did not care for it. I much prefer individual gauges, but that's just me.

Mgoblue297

Since none of the gauges are working then I would think it could be a power or grounding problem.

To diagnose you need to turn on the key and make sure the first gauge in the string has +12 volts on the "I" (ignitiion) terminal. Which is the first gauge in the string? That would likely be the one closest to the ignition switch. If the first gauge has power, but doesn't work, then make sure it has a ground connection. Hope this helps.

As for upgrading to a screen, I had one last year and did not care for it. I much prefer individual gauges, but that's just me.
Thank you for the advise. brought it to a dealer to have it checked out. I dont like taking chances with it when my kids are with me. So I am sure i just spent another$$$$. Thanks for the input and I will share and see what they find. I also did just order vessel view mobile

LAKETIME

Made the jump hoping to find some help. I have a 2009 244 sunesta. My dash gauges all stopped working. There is a long beep, tach is stuck at 5200 but the boat runs fine. GPS works fine but none of the gauges are showing anything. I keep thinking of maybe trying to convert to a glass display. Like 2 7 or 9 inch displays one GPS and the other vessel view or something. Any ideas on with what is wrong or if the upgrade is possible or worth it.
Hi, Mgoblue297,

I'm having similar problems. Let me know how that all worked out for you.
2004 Sunesta 252