Alright Alright Alright

jsather007

I am getting set up here to enjoy some "un-spammed" boating interaction. I am one of many that has experienced some "issues" with another boating forum that seems to have fallen apart from lack of moderation. Really happy to see this as a new option.

I run an older 80's boat and am slowing but steadily making it more useable for my family with 4 kids. Getting it setup for water sports, mainly wakeboarding at this point. I'll post improvements here as they come.

Boat in question - 1986 Chaparral 198 XL with 205HP 4.3L

Last year upgraded to a full swim platform and wake tower. This year it's getting a speed control and hopefully more. At some point it will get to a full interior layout update to make it more open and modern. Probably next year for that though as I have a fairly short season here in Minnesota.

Jerry

Alright.jpg

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hi Jerry!!! Welcome to Net Boat Talk. :tiphat:

My parents got a Harris float boat and that was my first power boat experience on the Ohio River. Shortly after that my brother bought a new 1986 Chaparral 198 XL With a 305 in it I think. That was the first run about I had any experience with and I loved it. My brother would let me borrow it if he was not able to boat with us. I was shocked at how much gas we'd burn up going 15 miles up river to an island and coming back to the dock. But what fun. I've been hooked ever since. Loved that boat. It was white with red and black trim.

jsather007

I found the signature option! I set it up and saved it but don't see it below. Let's see if it shows up when I post this......

I think that should be encouraged for everyone to use.

Signature.JPG

Reactions: Doc