Bilge blower hose replacement 2007 Chap 215SSI

Isles239

Any help would be appreciated can’t seem to figure out how to get to last nut that holds vent on side of boat to drop new vent hose into the bilge. There is no way to get to top of hose from inside boat! Hose is deteriorated. I’m figuring this is the only way to do it by taking of the outside vent cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can see the last nut from inside but it’s far away at a crazy angle don’t know how I would get a socket on it to remove then no idea how I would get that nut back on if I was able to get it off! I’m taking about item 13 on picture THANKS FOR ANY HELP
IMG_3178.png

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Sometimes you have to take off an interior panel and there will be an access hole behind it, because that vent may have been put on before the interior. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Reactions: Doc

SST

Many many years ago, I had a significant problem with my vent line. Eventually, I had a mechanic reroute the line and everything was back to normal. But lately, a new annoyance has been created due to rerouting of my fill line. The loop on the vent line is no longer high enough and if I top off the tank, I'll get a surge out the vent line. The initial fix is not to top it off anymore.

But to get the loop higher is not easy. It is only an inch from the instrument panel and wiring is like a massive spider web. Plus, it's a tight fit. This past summer, I disconnected the vent line at the tank then reached through the access point via the cuddy and expected to pull the line several inches to raise the loop. Dam thing would not budge! Not even a millimeter! So, the next thing to do [which I didn't want to do] was remove some of the cabinet beneath the steering wheel. That didn't help either.

I tried to disconnect the line at the thru hull port and add an extension to it so as to increase the height and length of the vent line loop. But I could only get one hand on it or the tools needed to loosen the clamps [whether through the cuddy or the cabinet]. I was apprehensive on doing this, It's not really broken, didn't want to make it worse so I left it alone, put everything back together and just didn't top it off anymore.

To really get to it and really get both hands on it, I will have to remove the entire cabinet beneath the steering wheel. Not looking forward to that.

Good luck with yours.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Many many years ago, I had a significant problem with my vent line. Eventually, I had a mechanic reroute the line and everything was back to normal. But lately, a new annoyance has been created due to rerouting of my fill line. The loop on the vent line is no longer high enough and if I top off the tank, I'll get a surge out the vent line. The initial fix is not to top it off anymore.

But to get the loop higher is not easy. It is only an inch from the instrument panel and wiring is like a massive spider web. Plus, it's a tight fit. This past summer, I disconnected the vent line at the tank then reached through the access point via the cuddy and expected to pull the line several inches to raise the loop. Dam thing would not budge! Not even a millimeter! So, the next thing to do [which I didn't want to do] was remove some of the cabinet beneath the steering wheel. That didn't help either.

I tried to disconnect the line at the thru hull port and add an extension to it so as to increase the height and length of the vent line loop. But I could only get one hand on it or the tools needed to loosen the clamps [whether through the cuddy or the cabinet]. I was apprehensive on doing this, It's not really broken, didn't want to make it worse so I left it alone, put everything back together and just didn't top it off anymore.

To really get to it and really get both hands on it, I will have to remove the entire cabinet beneath the steering wheel. Not looking forward to that.

Good luck with yours.
Dan, you do have to remove the lower cabinet to access that end of the hose, that is what I did when I did mine. Also you cannot pull the existing hose, it is locked in foam. :cry:

SST

With the new vent line, it was tunneled through the foam directly underneath the cabinet before turning up to the port. I assumed that with the tunneling, it would have allowed the hose to move back and forth. But I wonder if the mechanic "re-foamed" the line to hold it in place. If he did, it's working great! haha I guess my only choice is to add an extension between the current vent line and the port.

SST

No not yet, boat is in storage a long ways away. Mostly likely I'll get to it in the spring.