Boat Shopping Do's and Don'ts

dlhst50

The smaller the boat, the fewer the choices. In the beginning they loved her too. Now after 29 years, it is just her and me. I bought her for others to enjoy also, but I bought her for me. After 25 years of rearing children, it was my turn.
Understood on buying for yourself. You have earned it but we are on our second set of kids so my choices are somewhat constrained. The first two are grown up and gone the second set are just getting annoying ? (teenagers) I’m over 50 and want to enjoy it while I still can. So I don’t want to wait for these two to leave! I figured my must haves are therefore at least a 35’ cruiser that will draft under 3’ which is why the Signature 350 works for us.

unplugged

I learned long ago not to take the wife boat shopping. If she likes the boat she makes it too obvious and the negotiations don't go well. Actually the current boat she was out of town when I bought it.
I do not wish to know the hell that would await me if I purchased a boat while my wife was out of town ????

Phillbo

I do not wish to know the hell that would await me if I purchased a boat while my wife was out of town ????
I gave it to her as a birthday gift..... She likes my taste in toys so it's not an issue. I even named the boat after her :)

Reactions: Doc