Boat Test Chaparral 247ssx video and pics.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Video and lots of pics and info at the link. Nice boat. :thumb:

Love the back deck feature.

When it’s lowered with the push of a button, the platform becomes a stairway for reboarding two- and four-legged guests as well as a place to hang out.
Chaparral247ssx.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Video and lots of pics and info at the link. Nice boat. :thumb:

Love the back deck feature.

When it’s lowered with the push of a button, the platform becomes a stairway for reboarding two- and four-legged guests as well as a place to hang out.
View attachment 1488
Pretty girl, thanks for sharing.
Nice video.

Reactions: Doc

dan02gt

It's definitely nice but for a starting price of $115k it should have a head like the 246 SSi it replaced.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I wonder how much weight it puts hanging over the back of the boat, and it is added into determining the length.
Mine is labeled a 23' and the swim platform is not included

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I wonder how much weight it puts hanging over the back of the boat, and it is added into determining the length.
Mine is labeled a 23' and the swim platform is not included
I had an 89 Baja Force 235 that was really 25ft, including the swim platform. As I understand it in 1990 they started including the built in swim platforms in calculating the length of the boat. A teak or metal swim platform is never included in figuring the length unless you are docking over night at a marina. They get ya for ever inch of dock space you take up. LOL

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I had an 89 Baja Force 235 that was really 25ft, including the swim platform. As I understand it in 1990 they started including the built in swim platforms in calculating the length of the boat. A teak or metal swim platform is never included in figuring the length unless you are docking over night at a marina. They get ya for ever inch of dock space you take up. LOL
They never questioned me. When I would question them at the boat show, I would ask them how much boat was actually in the water.
Back in the early 90's at the boat launch I pulled up next to a Chaparral that was deemed 25' other then more free board and looking bigger, it was no longer then mine, and he paid for that 2' that was not there.

• Haha

SST

If I remember correctly, some years ago I measured my boat....21'. But then you add the swim platform and the outdrive, 23.5'.

We are under a flood watch today, Plenty of water.......ice flows and debris!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If I remember correctly, some years ago I measured my boat....21'. But then you add the swim platform and the outdrive, 23.5'.

We are under a flood watch today, Plenty of water.......ice flows and debris!
We have the same boat and mine measures bow to transom center line 23' without the swim platform.