Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Rough day for someone at Ramp at lake Monroe Bloomington IN

Boating10.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
One year to repair but it will never ever be the same as before the mishap. The extremely low waters out there will lead to more accidents like this one. Sad but boating of any kind there seems unsafe at this point.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I guess that all the old charts have very little meaning now.
And with all the yearly changes it is going to be very hard to publish new ones.
How sad is that.:cry:

Reactions: Doc

Phillbo

Water levels really don't matter. Lake Powell always has obstacles that need to be avoided even at full pool.. Someone was not paying attention.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Another sad event. Lake Cumberland KY: LOCALIZED SEVERE WEATHER EVENT. A micro-burst from an incoming storm, with straight line winds sustained long enough to do this damage.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: No one was injured.

Boating11a.jpg
Boating11b.jpg
Boating11c.jpg
Boating11d.jpg
Boating11e.jpg
Boating11f.jpg
Boating11g.jpg

ThumbsUp

Ooops! I was Not familiar with "Salt Life", New Smyrna, Ponce Inlet Christmas 2020... how fast the tide changes!

Attachments

• 20201231_145050.jpg
    20201231_145050.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 143

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Years ago I had the family with me at the New Smyrna beach. Tide slipped in on us. I had a van on the beach, we barely made it up the ramp to get off the beach.

Love being able to drive on the beach. Heading back to New Smyrna later this year.

ThumbsUp

I love the area. Just south of Daytona. In fact that's where Tow Boat US came from to tow me off the sand bar. Lucky I had Boat US or it was $975. Covered 3 years of dues!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
That is one serious accident, and it is not even boating related!

SST

This proves that having an extra strap on the bow eye to hold the boat and keep it from going forward is needed. I have the typical winch strap holding the boat in place but I also have a chain hooked to the eye as well. These photos always remind me of my near collision with teenagers while driving the Bronco. If not for the chain my boat would surely come through the back window although bunks would have slowed it down. Get the chain.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
This proves that having an extra strap on the bow eye to hold the boat and keep it from going forward is needed. I have the typical winch strap holding the boat in place but I also have a chain hooked to the eye as well. These photos always remind me of my near collision with teenagers while driving the Bronco. If not for the chain my boat would surely come through the back window although bunks would have slowed it down. Get the chain.
I'll 2nd that. I agree 110%.