Denial of Service Attack.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
You know those spammers from your other site?
I've had hoards of Russian and Swedish IP's try to join but they were on a 'spammer' list for one reason or another so I had to manually approve. If on that list I do not let them in here. Some will get past on occasion as the software is far from perfect but so far more than 10 a day have been marked as spammers and not allowed to join here.

I think they might be pissed off cause today at 1:47 we had a major denial of service attack. The safeguards in place noticed this and took action so that we were back online at 1:51 EST.

This is only to make you aware, if this stie goes down we will do our very best to get it back up and operational as soon as possible. Never fear, one way or another we will keep this site afloat.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
You know those spammers from your other site?
I've had hoards of Russian and Swedish IP's try to join but they were on a 'spammer' list for one reason or another so I had to manually approve. If on that list I do not let them in here. Some will get past on occasion as the software is far from perfect but so far more than 10 a day have been marked as spammers and not allowed to join here.

I think they might be pissed off cause today at 1:47 we had a major denial of service attack. The safeguards in place noticed this and took action so that we were back online at 1:51 EST.

This is only to make you aware, if this stie goes down we will do our very best to get it back up and operational as soon as possible. Never fear, one way or another we will keep this site afloat.
You are a good gate keeper:boxing:

Reactions: Doc

Bt Doctur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel bad their attacking here now that the Chap site is gone but knowing the protections here I`m satisfied they cant even get in here

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I feel bad their attacking here now that the Chap site is gone but knowing the protections here I`m satisfied they cant even get in here
Ahh no need to feel bad. As you know I run 4 or 5 other forums (4 today I have one shut down), it could have been from any upset party. Or from a party that simply hit on our IP cause it was close to another one. No worries. So far it's just been a one time thing and the security that is in place handled it nicely.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
They are not good enough to take the pebble from the master's hand.:nono2:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
What will they call it when they get rid of our currency?

SST

What will they call it when they get rid of our currency?
With the covid having caused a lot of trouble, it has further pushed to use the credit/debit card. Many places won't even accept cash anymore. While my grocery store still has the option of cash vs credit, it is set up such that it makes it a pain to use cash. We have a lot of self checkout now which is CC only. If you want to pay cash you can get into line with the cashier. But this is usually a pain because only a few cashier lines are open and the people in line are stacked. Its easier to self checkout than wait in line. I have a $20 bill in my wallet that's been there for a couple of weeks because nobody is using cash. I pay a lot of my bills electronically....Post Office is becoming unreliable so checks are getting fewer.

I don't really like such dependence on electronic transactions. It's certainly efficient but............