Has anybody replaced the sending unit in a 1930 SST?

SST

Looking at the diagram, seems the best way to find the unit is trace the wire from the gas gauge to the sending unit. If I'm interpreting it correctly.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Looking at the diagram, seems the best way to find the unit is trace the wire from the gas gauge to the sending unit. If I'm interpreting it correctly.
Yes, that should work.

Gump

I've asked on several forms and I can't seem to get a response or correct answer hoping I can get some help here I have a 1930 SST and I'm trying to locate the sending unit, it is not in the access plate at the rear of the deck all that is in there the anti-siphon and the fuel line to the engine, I went as far to stick my camera in that hole and do a complete 360 and I don't see it anywhere there's no way to see it from the ski locker either has anybody replaced one and if you have will you please tell me where it is?
On my 1995 1930SS, the ski locker hatch uses only 75% of length of the ski locker trim. The last 25% or so is a fixed piece of carpet covered decking. This fixed piece of decking covers the fuel fill/vent hose attachments and the fuel quantity sender. I poked around the edges of the fixed piece and found some Phillips screws holding it in place. I was able to unscrew the screws through the carpet, then remove the decking to expose the fuel sender.