How Dumb

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I prefer a cuddy cabin over a bow rider for a lot of reasons. Especially when you have someone at the helm, that has no business being there, and doesn't have a clue as to what to do to prevent what is about to happen. Just because you have the room, doesn't mean you should put the whole neighbor hood in it at once. And after all is said and done, they decide it might be a good time to put on the life jackets.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Dangerous for sure. Idiots are asking to get someone hurt or killed when doing that.
Peoples lives are in your hands when you captain a boat. You need to take that responsibility seriously. (directed at those in the video, not the captains here.)

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
There is no cure for stupid. There are boaters that qualify to be called captain and then there are others that have the means to obtain a water vessel. Along with being saved they should also be fined.

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Another interesting thing is, it looks like the troupers drove off and left them.
It seams to me that they should be the controlling factor in the canal if they are there, otherwise why are they there?

Sandbar

Unbelievable stupidity...and...don't create a problem for those behind you by plowing water!!

Last edited:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If there ever were a place that needs strict regulation, it is there.
I feel sorry for any of you that have to deal with the week-end traffic, if I did my girl would have a new owner, and I would be playing more golf.

SST

Here's another dumb operator. This kinda boater drives me nuts! Didn't you check the weather? Winds and wave height? Are you familiar with Haulover Beach Outlet? Even if he ignored all of that, does he know what white caps indicate?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Assuming engine issues. but they were not trying to flag down another boat to pull them out. Why not? I could not understand what was being said on the radio about them. So no help there.
Horrible spot to be stranded.

Iggy

They should be using a boat hook to push them selves off. On a small boats, they should have paddle. In Mass, I know it is a requirement but not sure where it stops on the size of the boat.

SST

NY shows a paddle and hook as recommended. I have both on mine. The hook is used all the time but the paddle is rarely used as it is useless trying to paddle a 5000lb boat. In this situation, either one would have helped.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
:bonk:

boats01.jpg

SST

The first time I ever saw those “duck boats” with the bow bending down, never liked them for the potential of ducking under the wave. I have no idea if this is legal or not but it’s definitely irresponsible and stupid.