How to size Bimini Top

Iggy

Talk to a canvus shop. But it can't be that hard to figure out hard points for stainless.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I know the canvas size 6 x 8 ...but they have 48" and 54" and 60". I know where I mount to the side determines how high the top will be. I want it about 7 ft from floor of boat. I also want to be able to walk under it when it's folded back and wrapped up, not in use.
How to corelate the height open to the height closed has me scratching my noggin.

Iggy

I know the canvas size 6 x 8 ...but they have 48" and 54" and 60". I know where I mount to the side determines how high the top will be. I want it about 7 ft from floor of boat. I also want to be able to walk under it when it's folded back and wrapped up, not in use.
How to corelate the height open to the height closed has me scratching my noggin

I would use ether wood or conduit and make a pattern from there. There are UTube's on this.

Hight folded can be adjusted from the pole/stainless that holds it up. The longer the pole, the higher the stainless from port to starboard will be from the deck.

Right now my friend and I (this is he's side job being retired) are making small top over the swimming platform. I pole that supports it will determine its height.

Reactions: Doc