It came from somewhere/not outta nowhere.

SST

The weather system has been very slow in exiting our area. Thunderstorms have been in the forecast every day. Today they said, nice early and then storms after 2pm. So I rushed down and took the boat out while constantly watching the sky. First there was a layer of cirrostratus clouds. Then popcorn cumulus clouds. That’s when I really started paying attention.

Meanwhile, with a SW wind and slightly building waves, I tried to give the hull a little scrubbing while anchored off shore. But that little piece of popcorn went to thunderstorm status in 30 minutes so I packed the anchor and raced on home. Not a drop of rain got me but the spray coming over the bow did. 😁

There is no reason to get caught by surprise as long as you’re paying attention. After all, you’re the Captain 👩‍✈️.
2CC58A17-5B17-4BC8-BF93-214CCB8AD1AE.jpeg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm at the other end of the Lake. I do not know the different types of clouds. All I know about them is the white ones are friendly, and the dark and darker ones are not so friendly. With a westerly wind our weather will either run down the shore line or make a left hand turn and head for Detroit. And if you feel like someone opened the refrigerator door, you have about 20 minutes to run and hide.

Reactions: Doc