Just Joined

OHBoatnfool

Well add me to the list of crossovers from the other place. Nothing bad to say about the other site but it does appear to have less recent traffic (still a good source of info though).
Always good to connect with other Chaparral owners. I have a 2000 285 SSI (that is currently in the shop...bummer) and boat on Lake Erie from Catawba / Port Clinton Oh where i live now. I bought the boat from original owner in 2017 when I lived in IL (it spent its time on Chain of Lakes with him). It is a great boat for choppy Erie...heavy and twin Mag 350's move it well (at least until recently...that is why it is in the shop). Anyway looking to new discussions....

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Hi and welcome to NBT. Glad to have you. Last night at dinner we were talking of a trip to puttin bay for a weekend getaway. Do you ever go ever that direction?

OHBoatnfool

Hi and welcome to NBT. Glad to have you. Last night at dinner we were talking of a trip to puttin bay for a weekend getaway. Do you ever go ever that direction?
Yup. Just had dinner Tuesday at the Boardwalk on PIB. Regularly go to Kelly's Is for dinner or just hang out on the north cove (good thing my brother-in-law's boat works well). Both are easy destinations from my dock.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
My daughter was up at PIB earlier this month. Her and her hubby have friends with a boat up there. All from Columbus area. She told me PIB can sure get wild and that we might like Kelly's island better. An 'older' crowd. LOL Made me laugh but I have no doubt she is right.

OHBoatnfool

My daughter was up at PIB earlier this month. Her and her hubby have friends with a boat up there. All from Columbus area. She told me PIB can sure get wild and that we might like Kelly's island better. An 'older' crowd. LOL Made me laugh but I have no doubt she is right.
I would say that she is pretty accurate for any given weekend. During the week PIB calms down...but still party central. I generally stay away from PIB on the weekend...plus harder to get a dock. Sometimes its better to just take the ferry and let someone else do the driving. But I highly recommend both if you have never been

Reactions: Doc