Modifying filler line

SST

A couple of years ago I had to install a new filler line. I rerouted the new line instead of ripping out the old one. Because of this, the new line is more horizontal. With this, the last 4 feet of the filler line and filler port are above the thru-hull vent (oem-not modified). This is causing the vent to spit if I top the tank.

What I’d like to do is install a clear tube (or something) where I can visually see the gas reach this point and I’d stop filling before the spit.

In this picture, the line comes from underneath, goes thru the shelf and then goes horizontally to the filler port. Just above the floor is where I’d like to put it. Any ideas on what material is available to handle gasoline?
3F4609F0-8501-47A7-A690-35ED898E2BC2.jpeg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If you raise the high spot on your vent hose, that should cure the problem.

SST

I was just thinking of that. I don’t recall how high the loop is behind the dashboard. I’m also not certain if their is enough hose (slack) to raise it. I’ll check. Thanks.

SST

That never dawned on me but it makes sense.

I just filled the tank the other day. My gauge indicated 3/8ths of a tank so I guessed around 50 gallons. I stopped the pump at 50 but decided to put another two gallons in. The pump handle clicked at 51.25 and I stopped there. No spit. $309.