New Projects

J Kyle

Any members have projects they are working on over the winter? I visit this page daily and it would be nice just to hear what people are working on or share updates of progress.

My winter project is replacing a Bravo 3 lube line and updating a couple of wired remotes.

Reactions: Doc

Iggy

I have a small ton of projects.

1. Going to use Speed Prop on my rudder and props.
2. Add LED strips to the V-berth cabin.
3. To add a cell charging station to the helm. Like the ones used in a car to hold it.
4. Replacing my starting batteries and making my own cables. I bought the crimping tool. Using 2/0 cables.
5. Making a tray to put the starting batteries on. In order to pull them out from under the galley floor.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like you are going to do a lot of personalizing, good luck and enjoy the ride.(y)
What is Speed Prop?

Iggy

Speed Prop is a anti-fouling coating. It also makes the the surface very slick giving for less drag. How much less drag, well I don't think its much at all.

The coating should last about 3 to 4 years which is a good thing. It works so well there is no slim at all on the treaded surfaces.
https://propspeed.com

SST

No projects here. Boat is stored deep inside a storage barn 25 miles away. I'm just waiting for it to snow so I can get out skiing or at least snow shoe.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Speed Prop is a anti-fouling coating. It also makes the the surface very slick giving for less drag. How much less drag, well I don't think its much at all.

The coating should last about 3 to 4 years which is a good thing. It works so well there is no slim at all on the treaded surfaces.
https://propspeed.com
Thanks, I don't believe that I will not be needed it in fresh water.
I can see where it might get you a couple of RPMS, but won't it increase slippage because of less friction?

Iggy

No slippage. But I think you mean by pushing the water back to drive the boat foward.
Yes, it's more for salt water. It's does work great.

I am totally a salt water boater. I love traveling on the boat to new places and some old one that I really like. As in Egdertown, MA or Newport RI.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
No slippage. But I think you mean by pushing the water back to drive the boat foward.
Yes, it's more for salt water. It's does work great.

I am totally a salt water boater. I love traveling on the boat to new places and some old one that I really like. As in Egdertown, MA or Newport RI.
Sounds like some nice trips. Safe travels.