Perfect Pass

Janky

Finally pulled the trigger on a Perfect Pass kit. Also bought a wetsuit so I can test it out before next season ;)
Should be here next week. Love to hear any advice from those who have installed them before. Volvo Penta 5.0GXi-E.
Otherwise, I'll post details when I do the install.

I'm thinking about it so much I had to doctor up a preview.

Attachments

• chappy_pp.jpeg
    chappy_pp.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 92

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
My son in law would be so jealous. Very nice. Looking forward to seeing follow-up posts.

Janky

Wow, super fast shipping, even from Canada, eh? Can't wait to dig into this!

Attachments

• DSC_0237.JPG
    DSC_0237.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
Reactions: Doc

Janky

Good news, all done with the install. Took two weeks to squeeze in with the "honey-do" list of other stuff.
Bad news. Weather was crummy today so I didn't get to take it out to test!

Attachments

• pp_garmin.JPG
    pp_garmin.JPG
    652.2 KB · Views: 84
  • pp_control.JPG
    pp_control.JPG
    620.5 KB · Views: 85

Janky

Got it out this weekend, and it worked like a champ! It actually surprised me that by default it was "ON". I hadn't run the boat in 6 weeks so I eased into it. Upon dropping the throttle a bit away from the launch, the boat quickly got up to speed, Perfect pass 'beeped' and started easing off the throttle! Cool!
Unfortunately, my crew had a time limit and everything took longer than expected so I didn't get a chance to wakeboard, but then again, it was only 46F, so maybe next time ;) With just a few passes (and only 2 passengers), it seems like 20.5 is close to the perfect wake. I promise pictures next time.