V350 Water tank location

We recently purchased an 03 V350 signature. It is equipped with twin 8.1 close cooled v drives. The configuration of the tanks; fuel, water and holding are different from the stern drive equipped vessels. Does anyone know the location and size of the fresh water tank? I realize it is forward but I am not sure exactly where it is.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I searched but did not find the layout specs.
I did find this link to a Chaparral fresh water tank that 'might' be the one used on your boat.

I searched but did not find the layout specs.
I did find this link to a Chaparral fresh water tank that 'might' be the one used on your boat.

Found that the 350 with v drives and bow thruster has a 40 gallon tank. It is likely this one and probably under the front berth. Thanks

Reactions: Doc
My boat is an '04 with I/O, so I realize things are located a little differently, but to me the fresh water tank would not be affected by the engine/drive configuration. My fresh water tank is located under the center cushion of the aft berth. the aft berth cushions to port and center lift out and then there is a removable hatch lid almost dead center of the boat where the aft cushion was removed that allows access to the fresh water tank. Good luck

My boat is an '04 with I/O, so I realize things are located a little differently, but to me the fresh water tank would not be affected by the engine/drive configuration. My fresh water tank is located under the center cushion of the aft berth. the aft berth cushions to port and center lift out and then there is a removable hatch lid almost dead center of the boat where the aft cushion was removed that allows access to the fresh water tank. Good luck
The holding tank is under the aft cabin in this boat. The fill for the fresh water tank is on the bow. I read that if you have V drives and a bow thruster it changes which tank is in the boat. I am guessing that the tank has a hole in it such that the thruster motor will fit through it. Boat is four hours away but I will tank a look and report back as I am sure someone will need this information down the road.

jfkirby

The Chaparralboats.com website does still have parts guides that show locations and part numbers for items on many boat models going back to 2002. And your 2003 Signature 350 is there. Check it out:

1648655867711.png

Thanks much appreciated, that configuration is for the S350 ours is V350. It shows the V drive configuration in the 04 schematic but dosen't specifically provide the location just that its forward.