Vacuflush model on Chaparral Sunesta 264 2017

eroelofs

How do I know what model vacuflush system I have? There is a Dometic switch panel in head with an on/off switch and a 3/4 and Full indicator set of lights. Thank you.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Welcome to Net Boat Talk.
Sorry but I cannot help answer your question.
Maybe someone else will mosey along with some info soon.

Phillbo

If you have a Dometic switch there is a good chance the toilet is Dometic as well.... Are u having issues or just curious?

eroelofs

Learning about what I have. I do know that my vent is clogged and I'll need to fix that. Was looking for the model so I can find the correct user manual for maintenance and parts as needed. Thanks.

repetejon

Easy to find the toilet model. (maybe)Just compare pictures on their site compared to yours. However, some look a lot alike. I was lucky to have one that has a unique feature, that was easy to ID. Sits on pedestal or not ? Flush lever helps to ID as well.
The tank is another story with limited pics on their site. Try and compare plumbing outlets and location on the top to what is on their site. Call them as they r very helpful.

Iggy

There must be a model number on the unit/tank itself. Also you should find the vent filter on top of the tank I would think. That's where mine was and and every season I had to change it. Ether the tank would smell or it was clogged.

repetejon

I have had a 05 Sea Ray and 23 Chaparral both with a VHT and neither had a vent filter. I would bypass the filter and let the vent vent. Make sure the vent pipe is straight as possible. Methane gas can build up in a VHT depending on its contents. That makes it very flammable. The owner's manual show a filter, but in my reality no such thing. To control the odor/smell chunk some marine VHT deodorizers packets down the toilet. Do it every time after u pump out.
I could never find any info directly on the tank. If it is, it must be on the bottom.
One last thing to be aware of, it takes the vaccum about a minute to recharge after each flush.

Iggy

I had a 2011 Sig 290. My filter was on the top of the tank and used garden hose connections to swap it out. Personally, I would not bypass it unless you don't mind the odor. Chemicals or not it can still smell without a filter. Try it?

I went to the hardware store and made up a 1 1/2" PVC pipe with the hose connections. Then bought https://bigorangefilter.com/products/big-orange-oem-refill-kit. Worked well and for $40 a year it was well worth it! Just reopened the PCV pipe, empty the old and put in the new.

Phillbo

One last thing to be aware of, it takes the vaccum about a minute to recharge after each flush.
Are you sure you do not have an issue? My Vacu Flush will recharge with 4 stroked of the pump. About 10 seconds.... I throw a cap full of Happy Camper in after every pump out and a little Happy Camper Extreme cleaner in at the end of the season and have never had an issue.

repetejon

Are you sure you do not have an issue? My Vacu Flush will recharge with 4 stroked of the pump. About 10 seconds.... I throw a cap full of Happy Camper in after every pump out and a little Happy Camper Extreme cleaner in at the end of the season and have never had an issue.
Nope no issue yet. The minute time came from the manufacturer. I think 30 seconds is more accurate on average. Thanks for the "happy Camper" forgot about that brand. As to the filter, whatever works for your boat. Never had one in 60 years and no problem. Happy smell free Boating !!!!
If u do get an odor, just do another beer and the odor disappears.