Wanted to buy: 28ft Baja or Sunsation powerboat

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
If you know of one for sale within 500 miles of Ohio please let me know.
THANKS!!!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I posted a similar WTB post in a Sunsation group. I got a hit and think I've found my new boat.
An 05 288 Sunsation, MCOB (mid cabin open bow). Fingers crossed.
Won't post pics until deal is done and I have her home.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Better luck this time,if she is meant for you, I'm she will get a good home.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Think Bigger! Good luck!!
Naaa, no need for me to go bigger. I've had bigger. I could have bought a 32 for a little more dough. And of course it would be a good bit faster and have more space. but I don't need faster, 65 -70 is plenty fast enough for me. And it is usually just the wife and I. Plenty of room for the two of us. and those that come onboard during our all day tie ups. And I only have to service ONE engine. Works for me.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Got the check today. Leave to get the Sunsation this Friday. Pics will follow. Can't wait!!!!!!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Just back from NY, finger lake region, near Syracuse. A few pics I took before pulling her home.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

Iggy

Naaa, no need for me to go bigger. I've had bigger. I could have bought a 32 for a little more dough. And of course it would be a good bit faster and have more space. but I don't need faster, 65 -70 is plenty fast enough for me. And it is usually just the wife and I. Plenty of room for the two of us. and those that come onboard during our all day tie ups. And I only have to service ONE engine. Works for me.
It all depends what you want out of life. We went bigger! But we do weekend and one to two week long trips a year. My bigger boat only has one engine but my old Sig 290 had twins. I will say that twins are nice for add insurance. On one trip a belt broke and the engine compart was way too warm to work in. We limped into a yacht club 5 miles away and waited and hour to install a new one.

Now I have a genset and solar panels to keep the house batteries up when we go on shore.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
It all depends what you want out of life. We went bigger! But we do weekend and one to two week long trips a year. My bigger boat only has one engine but my old Sig 290 had twins. I will say that twins are nice for add insurance. On one trip a belt broke and the engine compart was way too warm to work in. We limped into a yacht club 5 miles away and waited and hour to install a new one.

Now I have a genset and solar panels to keep the house batteries up when we go on shore.
We had a 50 houseboat for 6 years. Had a blast with that baby. Loved sleeping in it floating with waves lapping up the side. Peaceful. Then we figured out we were not rich and had to pick one or the other. Speedboat won out since we live on the water and we are 25 miles from the restaurants, and most of our friends have speedboats. We have big ole tie ups and have a blast all day. Lots of laughs. Works for us.

Iggy

We had a 50 houseboat for 6 years. Had a blast with that baby. Loved sleeping in it floating with waves lapping up the side. Peaceful. Then we figured out we were not rich and had to pick one or the other. Speedboat won out since we live on the water and we are 25 miles from the restaurants, and most of our friends have speedboats. We have big ole tie ups and have a blast all day. Lots of laughs. Works for us.
Yes, we like sleeping on the boat too.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Trailer is a bit big for this boat and I was told by previous owner it tends to float around a bit when backed all the way in. Checking in to getting a tandem axle trailer that fits the boat better.

4.jpeg