What do you tow your Boat with?

Phillbo

Very impressive. A 1/2 ton that will tow 11k. Wow. Kudo's.
Guessing your boat weighs around 9k. Is that close?
Closer to about 8500# stocked for a week on the lake... Only down side to the daily driver is the shorter wheel base. I would not want to tow 4 hours with it but I don't need too....

Reactions: Doc

Phillbo

Also, do you have the Max tow pack and Heavy Duty Payload Package?
Yes.. another advantage is the 36 gallon gas tank. I can drive to the lake or my cabin in Durango without stopping for gas.

Twin turbos tied to a 10 speed tranny makes it a lot of fun to drive. especially in Sport mode....

Iggy

You will have to forgive. I don't tow anymore since my last boat a Sig 290 and my current boat are just too heavy and wide.

I will say I have had about 6 or 7 F150 with 3 yr leases. They all ran great and never had a problem except my last one. The battery failed after 1 month, but Ford does not make the batteries. My next one is on order due to the chip shortage and corvid slowing down production. A 3 to 4 month wait and Ford has extended my lease.

Janky

2018 Expedition tows 2004 204 SSi Chaparral very smoothly!
DSC_0012.JPG

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nice set up. Love the wheels.
Where'd you get those. I'm wheel shopping for my truck.

SST

The 96 Bronco was my first tow vehicle. I thoroughly enjoyed towing with it. But there was always some quirk or another that made me a bit nervous going outside the family’s reach. It had over 200k miles when I traded it in.
21D3E774-7D18-44E4-941E-FACD116AF9F2.jpeg

Eventually it tired out and couldn’t pass NYS inspection. I got a one year waiver and started looking for a replacement. Ended up buying this F150. I was so sad leaving the Broco behind but excited driving my new truck (2012). This will easily tow my boat at 70mph with boat in tow. Looking forward to next season.
94647A8C-EFFA-4781-90D2-C83CD5D75296.jpeg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
My first tow vehicle was a full size conversion van. Learning to back with that was tricky but I learned. Backing the jet ski was the worst. Such a short trailer and could not see it when backing straight from side view mirrors. It would show up going sideways if you went to far to once side or the other, no warning since van was to long and rear view mirror and small back windows could not see jet ski at all. LOL Ahh the memories.

Janky

Nice set up. Love the wheels.
Where'd you get those. I'm wheel shopping for my truck.
Those are factory 22" from 2018. I fell in love with them as well when we were shopping for accessories. Only downside is they are curb magnets and scuff marks to show it!

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Those are factory 22" from 2018. I fell in love with them as well when we were shopping for accessories. Only downside is they are curb magnets and scuff marks to show it!
Wow. 22". I had 20's on my Silverado. Hated to have to buy tires for those as they were pricey. 22 inch would be even more. 1200 for 4 tires I'll guess.

Phillbo

I have 20's on my truck. I hate the road chatter it creates without much side wall to flex and absorb bumps.....

unplugged

5B51C641-9AD8-48FE-BFD0-4359E9949B48.jpeg
I had the windows tinted later that day. I do tow the dinghy with it, but can’t tow the boat as it’s more than double the tow rating 😂😂😂

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
That's ok, mine is 1500lbs over weight. In the 30 yrs that I have had my girl I have never had a tow vehicle with a large enough towing capacity, but always enough breaking power. My towing is 99% flat land.