What ya think ?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Very nice. Is that a 50 footer? That would make an awesome retirement boat.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
She is a pretty girl, I think that the enclosure on her on the upper station takes away from her lines.
I like the upper station. It just looks more of an after thought, then built into the original design.
Anytime you add canvas to a boat it takes something away from it.
I think a hard top designed to continue the lines of the boat, with sliding hard glass.

The canvas on my girl serves a purpose, but is far from complimenting her looks.
IMG_3206.JPG

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I like the canvas so it can be taken down on nice days.....
I do too, our sized boats are a lot different from the boats of this size.
People with large boats tend not to take down their canvas, they will unzip or roll up designated windows.
After a time the whole unit will shrink, and if you take it down, you may not get it properly reinstalled.
We run in to this all of the time when making a new enclosure.
We take down the old enclosure to pattern sections of the new one and then put up the old one to protect the boat from the elements, and not all of the snaps get snapped.
The only time that I will put up my full enclosure is when I will be spending more then one night on her.
It takes me an hour to get it up.
IMG_3409.JPG

Phillbo

My full enclosure has been sitting in the garage since I bought the boat. Only once have I wished I had it up and that was only for a couple hours.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
My full enclosure has been sitting in the garage since I bought the boat. Only once have I wished I had it up and that was only for a couple hours.
I know what you mean. The last time mine was up, was before I was considered nonessential and could boat in Canadian waters.

Iggy

I like the canvas so it can be taken down on nice days.....
Yep! And on those bad when traveling, you can stay warm and dry in the wheel house. I hate to tell you how many time we were cold and wet when the weather changed for the worse. Another reason why I sold my Sig 290. And yes, I did look at the weather report, but at times we were out for 3 day and up to 2 weeks.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I designed a full enclosure that I can put up quickly incase of unexpected weather. I can put it up in less then 20 min.
Not very pretty, but when it is pouring down rain and I'm inside warm and dry, who cares.
I too, do not like to run with canvas up, except in cold and bad weather.
IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

Reactions: Doc