Getting Closer 2021

willbaker13

Next weekend is looking good to take the boat out for the first time this year. Water will still be to cold but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 7.03.29 PM.png

Reactions: Doc

SST

Yesterday while riding my bike along the river, I see that the NY Power Authority is removing the ice boom. The picture is a screen capture from today. Getting closer. I did see 3 boats out in the river yesterday. Although I'd be tempted like everybody else, I'd be concerned about "iceburgs' and debris at this point.
1616515577975.png

Reactions: Doc

SST

I love boating in Canada, hope they let me this year.
I couldn't agree more. I either tow the boat across the border and head towards Toronto and launch or from my slip and head to Port Colborne on Lake Erie. I haven't been to Port Colborne since ROAM began and now the border closing. Its pretty cool to have dinner along the Welland Canal and watch a ship or two come through.

With the variations on the virus, I seriously doubt Canada will open the border this year. It does lower my gas bill though.:)

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I couldn't agree more. I either tow the boat across the border and head towards Toronto and launch or from my slip and head to Port Colborne on Lake Erie. I haven't been to Port Colborne since ROAM began and now the border closing. Its pretty cool to have dinner along the Welland Canal and watch a ship or two come through.

With the variations on the virus, I seriously doubt Canada will open the border this year. It does lower my gas bill though.:)
If I could just run the waters without touching land I would be happy with that. Every spring I pack provisions, so eating is not an issue, if I should get stranded somewhere.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
All the decommission stuff and up grades are done. Just need to light her up, give her a light dusting, and we are good to go.

cyclops2

new battery & replace 1 of the bilge pumps. I need help finding the fish. Expensive Fish Finder this year. Take 5 years of fish to break even on the cost. Wife said I am worth it. I would do anything for her. :heart1:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
new battery & replace 1 of the bilge pumps. I need help finding the fish. Expensive Fish Finder this year. Take 5 years of fish to break even on the cost. Wife said I am worth it. I would do anything for her. :heart1:
I'm old school, I let them find me.