2004 285SSI Specs

markt111

I tried contacting customer service thru chaparrals website, it does not seem operable, below was my question:

"I am looking to find out some details on my boat as it came from the factory. It is a 2004 285SS with twin Mercruiser 5.0MPIs and alpha drives, the current configuration seems off with 19 pitch Mirage Plus props, The Hull Id number is FGBH0752J304

I would like to know what props came on this boat from the factory and what the performance numbers and gear ratio it had initially"

essentially I am looking for what were the factory props, gear ratio and performance numbers?

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I tried to find some info for you. I found specs for the Chap 280 ...not for 285. It was a twin with 270hp, but it did not mention prop pitch or I'd post the images here. Hope someone else comes along with more info for you.

Phillbo

Good luck with that... Chaps customer service is almost as bad as there quality control.....

markt111

well customer service was responsive, they sent me a performance index for 2004 with 5 different 285 SSI set up specs but it did not include my engine/drive combo.... so I'll give them a B for trying, I think my combo is not too common :(

Reactions: Doc

OHBoatnfool

Good luck with your search. I have a 2000 285 and when I was looking for my boat it seemed like most were set up like mine with Mag 350's and Bravo 1's (well the two I found for sale at the time). I have seen some with 5.0 also but again with Bravos...but will admit I am not an expert on sales info. This is a great cuddy...and like other cuddys....becoming pretty rare....too bad. When you say is seems off with the 19's is that because you are not hitting top end...over reving or something else?

markt111

I found ignition issues and have since resolved, the boat is running great and the 19s seem to be a good prop for the boat