Boating Oops

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Did he fall asleep at teh wheel or what?

Boating04.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Just above the Ohio River Launch Club is a beached sailboat precariously leaning against a log with it's keel in the mud.

:eek:

Boating05.jpg

Iggy

My new boat has no plug. But on my old Sig 290, if I remove the plug I always taped it the steering wheel.

SST

I wonder what the excuse is for this. If its daylight I don't see one. Night time in unfamiliar water...maybe. But he should have been going slow with a spot light looking for objects like this. Looking at the impact damage, I'd say he was well above no wake.

Early last year the Coast Guard in Buffalo erected new work lamps on the property. About 8 poles of 2 LED's lamps each. So incredibly bright. When coming in from the Niagara River you have to pass two large breakwalls. On the north side of these breakwalls are flashing white markers. Before the CG lights were installed, I could see them. Now, with the LED replacements on CG property, the breakwall lights are obliviated and cannot be seen let alone the breakwall. I sent them a letter a month ago about it. Haven't received a reply, not that I expect it.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
SCARY! Four women in a boat got swept up in a current near a Texas dam and nearly went over the edge. A nearby boat wasn't strong enough to pull them to safety, but he was able to keep them from falling over until rescuers arrived.

Boating07.jpg

unplugged

My mind is baffled by things like this. If it wasn’t mechanical failure, you probably shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a boat.

SST

It could be worse, they could be looking over Niagara Falls.
They won't be looking down from Niagara Falls, they'll be looking up from Niagara Falls from 6 feet under cascading force of water! haha. Although it is slightly possible that could get hung on a fallen tree or rock. But this little boat....not likely.
Check out the iron scow:
The Iron Scow Rescue | Niagara Parks

unplugged

I learned more about this incident. According to reports, it was a rented, electric boat. The driver ignored not one, but two signs concerning distance to the head of the dam. Once too close, the current over powered the little boat and they were pulled nearly over the edge. ??‍♂️

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Here is one more. I have no clue what happened but I suspect alcohol was involved.

He's probably saying ...that houseboat pulled out in front of me. LOL

Boating08.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Here is one more. I have no clue what happened but I suspect alcohol was involved.

He's probably saying ...that houseboat pulled out in front of me. LOL

View attachment 1164
It looks like the guy may have been added to the photo?
Hard to tell what he is standing on.
All I know is that I would not have wanted to be on either boat.

unplugged

Correct, he was photoshopped in. Ironically, his truck went into a lake and he was flipping off the people taking video of him after a wrecker pulled it out ??

unplugged

I stand corrected. His truck didn’t go in the lake, but rather his pontoon fell off his trailer.

Attachments

• FC731974-E28B-494D-B2AE-D93DFCB8D7EE.png
    FC731974-E28B-494D-B2AE-D93DFCB8D7EE.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 117

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks unplugged. I had even seen that pic before but did not put two and two together. Duh.