Chaparral Forum - Closing

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
We could give those members a home here. Wish we could get an email out to them about it. Maybe the company would like to offer another site to move them to.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Since they are closing (assuming it's true) you can post a link to here in a few threads to get some attention.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, and it pisses me off. Years of great advice going down the drain. This forum was recommended, which is why I'm here.
Welcome aboard! :smile: What is gone is gone, and now is in the memory banks and can be revisited. All you need to do is ask the question again and someone will have the answer, or will help you find it. This forum is more diverse. I believe you will find everything you are looking for here, and more. I too was a Chap member. The nice thing about this forum is, it is a clean act, and very well maintained to keep it that way.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Feel free to copy any key info from the other forum and post it here if that would help. I don't mind and it could come in useful.

SST

I got the email. Sad but not unexpected.

Do you think the spammers got the email notification?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I got the email. Sad but not unexpected.

Do you think the spammers got the email notification?
I for one will guess they got the message. If in questions this software puts new members in a queue for approval. Over the past few days I've had loads from St. Petersburg Russia and Stockholm Sweden. All on spammer lists so they have been banned from here.

If by chance any valid member of the old forum gets turned away at the door due to sharing an IP that a spammer one time used please use the contact us button (at the bottom of every screen) and let me know. I will help get you fixed up here on Net Boat Talk.

NOTE to all members: If you see post that appears to be spam, or if questionable, use the 'Report" button at bottom left of the post in question. This will notify moderators of the post so we can take action. THANKS. :tiphat:

Last edited:

OHBoatnfool

I will miss the Chaparral forum and glad to see some of the folks moving over. Facebook groups are OK, but I have found forums like the Chaparral one to be great. I guess I became a member of this site last July...so I will have to start using it more.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I will miss the Chaparral forum and glad to see some of the folks moving over. Facebook groups are OK, but I have found forums like the Chaparral one to be great. I guess I became a member of this site last July...so I will have to start using it more.
I too boat in your area, where do you keep your girl?

Phillbo

Already Happened. That's how I found you guys. W
Glad to see you on board. You are a wealth of information I was afraid would be lost.....

For those of you that are not familiar with Wingnut. You can trust his advice every time!!!!!