New vehicle

unplugged

Looks like I might be in the market here shortly. Thank you hunk of concrete in the middle of Southfield Freeway.

Attachments

• 45780257-CE56-4BCF-9950-179C7660C2BF.jpeg
    45780257-CE56-4BCF-9950-179C7660C2BF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 63D42620-FEF5-44D3-A798-7FBB5DD5074B.jpeg
    63D42620-FEF5-44D3-A798-7FBB5DD5074B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Wow. that sucks, unless you were ready to go vehicle shopping.
A friend with a new Tahoe was making his trek to FL for the winter. He saw something like that in the road. He was in the middle lane, the lady in the passing lane must not have seen it till to late. She clipped it and sent it his way. He hit it, took out both tires and wheels and the left side runner that connects the frame. His underside looks similar to yours. 20k or so in damage but it's a 55k vehicle. He is already thinking he might have to trade soon after he gets if back from teh shop. No fun at all.
Good luck with yours.

unplugged

I’m neither a mechanic or an insurance adjuster, but I’m leaning towards totaled. I’ve made the claim and should be hearing from the adjuster by Wednesday. It’s already at the dealership waiting. The part hanging down is a lift point, the real damage is behind and above it on the frame. Bums me out as I love this truck 😭

• Sad
Reactions: Doc

SST

I would hate to have that happen to me as I really love my truck too. I had a 96 Bronco which was fun to drive but my 150 is a great replacement.

God luck.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
We were driving on an expressway in the winter to catch an airplane, and I hit what I thought was a hunk of ice. Within 3 miles I watched my fuel gauged drop from full to empty. Luckily with very little time to spare, we made it.

If you look at the positive side, your accident could have been worse

unplugged

Dealership called today. She’s fixed!! Excited to get it back, but a little bummed I have to let go of this challenger RT loaner lol

unplugged

We were driving on an expressway in the winter to catch an airplane, and I hit what I thought was a hunk of ice. Within 3 miles I watched my fuel gauged drop from full to empty. Luckily with very little time to spare, we made it.

If you look at the positive side, your accident could have been worse
Holy shit!