New Chaparral Boat Owners Forum

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
1612035143146.png

Mormon Church, San Diego

jsather007

Transiting Antelope Point Marina..... View attachment 888

This reminds me of the time I was helping out at a small custom houseboat builder in Wisconsin back in the 90's. We built one and made delivery out to Oroville Lake in Oroville, California. The same lake/dam that had the dam failure crisis back in 2017. There were literally hundreds of houseboats, I was shocked. Years later I saw pictures of the lake while it was going through one of the droughts, the difference was unbelievable to me. Not something I'm used to seeing here in MN and WI.

I hear from time to time ideas coming from California to "just build a pipeline from the Great Lakes" to supply their water needs. Good luck with that one I just think. :)

SST

I hear from time to time ideas coming from California to "just build a pipeline from the Great Lakes" to supply their water needs. Good luck with that one I just think. :)
I've heard of this too. I have always responded to the effect that if anybody tries to tap the Great Lakes to provide water to a desert, I'll fight it to the end. If you want Great Lakes water, move back to the Great Lakes. And bring your boat.

cyclops2

Hershey Chocolate Company tried that water pipe to California. Loads of payoffs for everyone. Sort of dried up for awhile.

CPG

Another Chaparral owner jumping in! Thank you to the sponsors of this site.
2014 Chaparral Signature 5.0 MPI Bravo 3, DTS
Long Island New York

Attachments

• IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6823.jpeg
    IMG_6823.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 128
Reactions: Doc

CPG

Welcome CPG!!!! :tiphat:
Nice boat. Where bouts do you boat?
I cruise the South Shore of Long Island with annual trips to Montauk, and Block Island RI. This past season we spent 38 nights on the boat, which is a record for me. I love the boat, it is fast, it handles very well in the ocean and the wind. I only wish the fuel and water tanks were larger. On long weekends on the hook, I always bring extra water.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I cruise the South Shore of Long Island with annual trips to Montauk, and Block Island RI. This past season we spent 38 nights on the boat, which is a record for me. I love the boat, it is fast, it handles very well in the ocean and the wind. I only wish the fuel and water tanks were larger. On long weekends on the hook, I always bring extra water.
I've wanted to tow up to NYNY and boat around the Statue of Liberty. A bit older and wiser and think it would be so crowded for a 25 ft boat in that area that it would not be real smart. Cost to much also so I don't plan that adventure anytime soon.

When you are on hook off Long Island how deep is the water? Do you toss in two anchors to be sure you don't break loose? Sounds fun for sure..

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
View attachment 1010Boat is in depot in Italy (Lake Garda). Hopefully we can travel there in may and summer.
Welcome aboard. How are your summers there? How far do you have to travel to boat there? Looks like our western boating only with trees. Is it a man made lake or is it natural?

Dutchy

summers are fantastic and between 73-84 degrees. We have to drive for 12 hours, but already for 14 years well worth the trip. We have a caravan in depot as well so no hauling stuff. no speed limit!! just google Lago di Garda. Its magic

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
summers are fantastic and between 73-84 degrees. We have to drive for 12 hours, but already for 14 years well worth the trip. We have a caravan in depot as well so no hauling stuff. no speed limit!! just google Lago di Garda. Its magic
12 hours, at how fast? I was In Europe in the early 80's, and gas was $5.00 a gal US, how is it now?
When you make that trip, how long do you stay, and how often do you go?