Pictures of your boats

jsather007

I'll rub it in..... Forecast is in the 70's for the next couple weeks :)

I'll be on the beach in mexico next weekend enjoying some cold ones after competing in a dirt bike race.
Boo, hiss!!!

Wait, I mean good for you. :) We'll be just a bit cooler here in Minnesota. Looks like tomorrow will be the last day for shorts for a bit. :D

MplsWeather.JPG

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I have not seen it in person yet. Talked with owner a good bit and I've seen more pics but ..until I go, look it over and bring it home I won't share more pics. It's 8 hours away from me and I will not tow it while it's freezing out or snowing out. Forecast for next 10 days is COLD. Temps in the 20's and snow a few days. So it will be at least a couple weeks before I can show off more pics.
Looking forward to it.

dlhst50

Okay so photos of boats past and present. I don’t have the old pontoon boat I grew up with on Pymatuning Lake between Ohio and Pennsylvania. Nor do I have the old trihaul boat I had 30+ years ago. But I do have the last two and the current purchase.
So 2004 Four Winns Horizon 230, 1995 Tiara Express 4000 and my new to me 2008 Chap Signature 350:

254A1329-E43A-44A4-A38C-BBD958A0C9CB.jpeg
D4756E12-5A26-4F64-A2C3-D5F7918A9312.jpeg
30821178-C8F9-4ED1-A369-7AE520F13263.jpeg
1ED5EDF4-7FD7-4218-AD46-8A1E7484A448.jpeg

Reactions: Doc

dlhst50

Draft and speed. With a 4’ draft I was limited by tide from the fuel dock and pump out station. It was even rough clearing the creek. My new boat 2.75 draft down.

SST

Draft and speed. With a 4’ draft I was limited by tide from the fuel dock and pump out station. It was even rough clearing the creek. My new boat 2.75 draft down.
Does the draft of a boat include the outdrive? I googled it and some diagrams and pictures include the outdrive while others do not.

dlhst50

Does the draft of a boat include the outdrive? I googled it and some diagrams and pictures include the outdrive while others do not.
Yes. It’s included. I was specifically looking for an I/O drive boat for those reasons.

As I understand it from reading the Chaparral Owners site’s old posts I can even run with the drives somewhat trimmed up but only at bare idle.

I also understand that the Volvo Ocean X drives do not have any trim limiter like my old Four Winns with the B3’s and I need to be really careful running with these drives up but at least I will not have to worry about being the stinky boat on the dock because I can’t get over to pump out due to the tides and draft concerns! ?

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Do you loose any ride comfort?

dlhst50

Do you loose any ride comfort?
I don’t think so based upon the sea trials but I honestly haven’t had the Chap long enough to say for sure. I certainly lost a lot of storage!
The Chap is however very quiet even with both engines and the generator running. I was suitably impressed.

Iggy

Nice job. Mine is similar to yours but more rectangular but the design is the same.

At my previous marina, there was a constant problem with other boaters feeding the birds. Because my platform sits so low to the water, it was easy for all the birds to climb aboard for the night. In the morning they'd leave a ton of crap on the platform. Over a short period of time, the teak gives way and begins to disintegrate and the poop would eat into the teak. All that work ruined. Eventually I had to buy plastic bird spikes to keep the birds off. They are very effective and clearly piss the birds off. If you have a slip at a marina, pay attention to bird activity and your platform.
View attachment 914

I used to keep my boat out on my mooring before I had a slip. I used this, it worked out great and took up very little room for storage.

1618402960619.png