My Girl, Show & Tell

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Nice work. So clean. Good job. Love the flag pole and wash down unit. Where'd you get the wash down unit from?

Is it hard posting pics here? Why post and use a link here? If there is an issue posting pics please let me know.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
  • Jabsco Hotshot HD4 Kit - 12V 4GPM 60PSI Heavy Duty Washdown Pump w/25' Hosecoil
Click image to open expanded view

Jabsco Hotshot HD4 Kit - 12V 4GPM 60PSI Heavy Duty Washdown Pump w/25' Hosecoil​

Visit the Jabsco Store
4.5 out of 5 stars 2 ratings

List Price:$277.65$277.65 Details
Price:$162.63$162.63 & FREE Returns
You Save:$115.02$115.02 (41%)

Available at a lower price from other sellers that may not offer free Prime shipping.

BrandJabsco
MaterialPlastic
Power SourceCorded Electric
Item Weight10.4 Pounds
Maximum Flow Rate4 Gallons Per Minute

About this item​

• Heavy-duty coated motor
  • High flow and pressure
  • Integrated pressure switch
  • Self-priming
  • Runs dry without damage

Specifications for this item​

Brand NameJabsco
Ean0671880841924
Exterior FinishBrushed
Included ComponentsJabsco Q401J-118N-4A HotShot HD4 Marine Washdown Pump with 25' Coil - 12V, 4 GPM, 60 PSI Shut-Off
Is Assembly Requiredfalse
Item Weight10.40 pounds
MaterialPlastic
Maximum Flow Rate4.0 gallons_per_minute
Model NumberQ401J-118N-4A
Number of Items1
Part NumberQ401J-118N-4A
Power Source TypeCorded Electric
UNSPSC Code25170000
UPC671880841924
Warranty DescriptionManufacturer Warranty

See more

See more product details

I found it on Amazon.
I tested it and it puts out a lot of water, the siphon hose that I am testing with is 10ft long.
imo it looks and feels like a well made unit.
No, I do not have an issue posting photos.
I had them up loaded into a free host called (post image).
If I go to my pictures folder they come out as photo's, like this.
IMG_4196.JPG

New (23) from $162.63 & FREE Shipping.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. What are you using for the water reservoir? How many gallons does it hold?

My boat has the shower hose but the previous owner took out the reservoir to put in two 12" woofers. They sound good but I'm missing the shower.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
My holding tank size is determined by the body of water we are on. I grab it from there.
I did not put it in to use as a shower per say, my main purpose was to clean off the bugs that spend the night with me when a stay on the hook with my masthead light on. I hope that I will never need it, but I could use it as a second bilge pump.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
My boat came with a 30 gallon holding tank for the shower on the back deck and the sink in the mid cuddy. I found 30 gallon of fresh water was huge overkill for our use. That was the reason for my question. I'm thinking of a 5 or 6 gallon container for fresh water. Like you said not for showering but for cleaning feet or a mess on swim platform or using in the sink in the cuddy cabin.

Not sure if the pump was in the holding tank or if it's somewhere hiding on the boat. The power switch for it is in the cuddy but afraid the pump is gone along with the big ass holding tank. Will tear into this in the spring.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I carry a gallon or 2 of reverse osmoses water, depending on how long I will be gone.
It cost me 35 cents a gallon, and it is always fresh.
Good luck on your spring adventure into the unknown.

Reactions: Doc