My Girl, Show & Tell

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
This thread is designed to get (You personally involved).

There are some that are occasional day boaters, and then there are the ones that love every aspect of boating, from cleaning & polishing, to retrofitting, and on to restoration. (These are all me). We are looking for things that you have done to enhance your boating pleasure, like toys, gadgets, conveniences, maybe some safety equipment or anything else you think might be of help or interest to your fellow boaters and their girls. Also we are looking for your adventures, places you have been and things you have done with your girl. Someone might say, hey I have been there, or that looks like a neat place, I think I’ll research it, and you could be there to help them. I have one now that another boater posted on the Chap forum that I am looking into for this coming summer. And pictures, lots of pictures, videos are great too. Ask yourself, why did I join this forum, especially all the ones that jumped ship from Chap. There are 2 choices here, you can share your girl with us, or you will have to listen to my 29yr. love affair with my girl Serenity. This is a great and well maintained forum, and the knowledge could go on forever, if you put your 2cents in. Denny.

This is what she looked like when I got her in 92.
Originally she was Cristian, Fair Maiden.
And yes, that is a 1985 Buick Riviera, it was her 1st tow vehicle.
Talk about the tail wagging the dog.
1610844371427.png

Last edited:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Thanks Denny. Great idea for a thread. I hope this grows to be one of the biggest, most interesting and most useful threads ever here on Net Boat Talk.

Love your boat. Reminds me so much of the Baja Force 235 I had for 17 years. Loved that boat. Wish I still had it. It was a gem. Will did out some pics to post here in the next day or two.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Looking forward to seeing them, along with where she has taken you.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Well, we have had 47 views so far, which is great. I hope some of you are gathering pictures, and putting your stories together to share.

Phillbo

Standing tall, nice!
I believe you dock all season, how do you keep her so clean through out the season, especially the outdrive?
I only keep it in a slip during the off season Sep, Oct and then March-June. I store it in indoor storage on the trailer the rest of the year. As soon as I see any build up accumulating I pull it and use the mussel decontamination station to power wash the hull.

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I only keep it in a slip during the off season Sep, Oct and then March-June. I store it in indoor storage on the trailer the rest of the year. As soon as I see any build up accumulating I pull it and use the mussel decontamination station to power wash the hull.

Standing tall, nice!
I believe you dock all season, how do you keep her so clean through out the season, especially the outdrive?
Do you get any mineral build up on the drive from running?

Last edited:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
My 1st retrofit came off of a 1987 285 XLC. like the one in the photo, this I had done by a professional, it was above my pay grade. I had it shipped up from Georgia. It had to be cut into 3 sections, the 2 legs and the cross beam. The angle back had to be changed, the legs had to be lengthened, and the cross beam had to be widened. If you look at the darker areas of the fiberglass you see how much. I have always loved the looks of the boats of the 80's, especially the ones on Miami Vice. It gave me the look that I wanted, and 2 more speakers, 2 over head interior lights, and it put my masthead light up above and behind my, which meant the I could get rid of the one mounted on the windshield, that impaired, my night vision. (I am not one of those non-boaters that throw a ball cap over it.) Hope you enjoy my trip down memory lane.
1611039515709.png

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Awesome job!!!!! :tiphat:

I hated my light being on the windshield. Like you said it impends your vision and it attracts all the bugs in the area, which in turn gets the bats to swoop down on the bugs. Gets the girls screaming. Kinda ruins a nice relaxing slow night cruise.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Never had any issues with bats on the water here.
Usually the bugs come out at sunset, and are gone around 10:00 PM

Reactions: Doc