Pictures of your boats

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
The reason that I ask, is I met a boater last summer 2019 with a vintage boat that was long and narrow, not sure of the numbers. I asked how sea worthy she was. he said very good, except she rolled a lot if you had to run the troughs. Denny.

Reactions: Doc

Iggy

The reason that I ask, is I met a boater last summer 2019 with a vintage boat that was long and narrow, not sure of the numbers. I asked how sea worthy she was. he said very good, except she rolled a lot if you had to run the troughs. Denny.
12.5 feet is not that narrow. But if you look at the keel its deep. So between that keel and the weight, its not going to roll that much.

Its more about the keel than anything else!

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, I know the in's and out's of my 23 footer, and have no knowledge about larger boats. Here on Lake Erie they consider 63ft. and below, small craft. Would love to see and hear more about her .Denny.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I'm getting more impressed with this website. You took a video file straight from my PC so I don't have to bother with YouTube! YEAH!

This is my 2012 F150 pulling my 1987 Chap to be launched.
Hey Dan, I'm having trouble getting your video to play. Denny.

SST

Hey Dan, I'm having trouble getting your video to play. Denny.
After I posted the video, I clicked on it and I too was having trouble. But then I looked at the bottom of the screen and see that the file has been down/uploaded. Check the bottom of the screen and see if its there.....then just click to open. If the file is not there, then I have not clue.

The last update to my PC has changed many things and what I use to know how to do, has left me deserted in the middle of nowhere.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, I see first you need to click on the picture, then go down to the very bottom of the page and click on, open file.
Nice video, hard to get at, it took me 3 tries before I got it. Denny

Sandbar

This little guy allows me to get places that my girl can only get me to.
You have to love Canada. Denny.
View attachment 800
Nice to have that zodiac to tuck into those out of the way spots! Some with boats that take more water use them here to get to shore (especially those with large dogs lol) or explore the islands with rocky shores.

Sandbar

I had to check out the Ottawa River on Google Maps. Wow. Very nice sized river.. I am on the Ohio River. 45 miles of cruising between damns. Once or twice a season we lock through and go upriver towards Pittsburgh or downriver to Cincinnati. Is the Ottawa similar with damns and such where you to lock through to go real far?
Ohio river sounds like it would be fun to explore.

The Ottawa extends from Lake Temiskaming in Northern Ontario all the way to the St.Lawrence in the east. There are a number of hydro and flow control dams along the way but no locks. At one time there were contractors subsidized by Tourism Canada with hydraulic lift marine trailers who could take you around the dams for a price if you radioed ahead. I think they still exist but I can’t swear to that.

Our section is bordered by two hydro dams and has (I think) the nicest sand beaches along the entire length (~73km or 45 mi ... so similar to your area). The rest is pure wilderness with rocks and trees to the water’s edge in a lot of places or private property. I think the total navigable length is about 468 kms (~300 miles). And if you can get downstream to Ottawa and into the Rideau canal, then you can get into Lake Ontario at Kingston and just keep going.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
If you’re asking about my pic, it was on the Ontario side of the Ottawa river on one of the 4 Garrison Petawawa beaches.
Thanks, does your river get crowed at times, and do you have to worry about incoming wakes when anchored out like that? Denny.

Phillbo

wahweap.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
The negative side of boating :) View attachment 809
If you aren't happy with your negative side, I'll trade you mine for as long as you like. LOL
She sure looks pretty setting on her trailer, not to mention no wind and blue skies.
What is it, about 60 degrees during the day?
I have a son that lives in Phoenix, so I keep tabs on your weather and I know that you have some 40's, which to you is like our 20's and 30's. How long is your layoff from boating in the winter?
I had a friend that lived in Vegas and he spent one Christmas day on his boat on Lake Mead when it was 80degrees. Maybe I can get a look at your girl when I come out. Denny