Pictures of your boats

Phillbo

Not everyone out west is an azzhat... I've stop to assist boaters in trouble many times.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Not everyone out west is an azzhat... I've stop to assist boaters in trouble many times.
You are part of the élite group of boaters, that truly are boaters.
The ones that I watch out for here, are the fishermen, to them a boat is just a tool to get to the fish.
I give way to any boat that is near me or in my path. Denny.

Phillbo

I'll stop boring you guys with Powell pics after one more lunch spot when it's hot...... Shade is a premium in the summer and I know the secrets... fire up the grill ands make burgers while rafted up in a cave.
DSCI0062.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Never get bored looking at pictures like this, the only sad part is the bath ring along the shore line that seems to keep growing. On the other hand of the water was up, you would not have the use of that cave. :cry: Denny.

Reactions: Doc

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
The Apostle Islands, Canada. If you really like seclusion and beauty at the same time. Denny.
1610126926148.png

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Gottcha covered Denny. I removed the extra pic.
Phillbo, LOL you guys are not the only two members ...but you are the best posters for this week at least. :tiphat:

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
You are are not boring me. I love the pics. They are gorgeous. :wow:

Nice plane but given the option I'd rather boat on the lake. So beautiful. Keep the pics coming as you can. Please.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Maybe we should name this the Pillbo and Denny Show.
Lake Superior is so diverse, this is part of the Benjamin Islands, also in Canada. Denny.
1610166222519.png

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
View attachment 821
Another nice way to see the lake....
Back when the lake was full, would this have been under water? Denny.
So, how may people do we actually have active here?View attachment 823
I believe that it is you and I. LoL
As I can remember my most vivid picture of Lake Powell, was the number of times we had to turn around, and being worried that we would not make it back to home port before dark.
Lets say that this is your 1st time. And headed towards that shore line, until you are right on top of it, what is a passage way, and what is a dead end. Local knowledge, is the key.

The St. Clair River is 39 miles long and runs from Lake Huron to Lake St. Clair. There are 4 different ways to enter Lake St. Clair from the river, 3 of them are winding channels, if you do not stay in them, you will be in 1to 2 ft of water. I personally ran all of the channels and entered way points, and then turned the waypoints into routes. Boating that river at night , is a sight and feeling to behold, you and maybe 1 lake freighter. And then to run one of the channels with only your GPS, and then 3 miles across open water to a waypoint that you put in to your home port. Local knowledge. I would be scared to death to try to navigate Lake Powell at night. Denny.

Sandbar

The Apostle Islands, Canada. If you really like seclusion and beauty at the same time. Denny.
View attachment 816
Reminds me of sections of our Ottawa River. Some have lovely sand beaches that go on and on and other parts are very rugged with rocks and trees to the water’s edge with high elevations on either side.

Sandbar

Here’s another view of the Ottawa just downstream from the nuclear research facility I worked at for 35 years

3E12C739-1785-4776-B10E-E65252B52A97.jpeg

Phillbo

I have a hard rule on Lake Powell. On the hook and secure by 4pm. For a couple reasons, I don't want to be looking for a cove for the night later than that and it's time for happy hour :)

poppers.jpg

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
I've been to Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls on the Canadian side but the only Canadian body of water I've been on is St. Catherine's. I was on an 8 man crew team in high school. We had a meet with Canacious HS in Buffalo. Suppose to row somewhere above the falls but water was coverined with ice so they moved the event to St. Catherine's. . 69 or 70. We had a blast up there. :D

Love the pics. This is the time of year when most of us cannot boat so boaing pics help get us through this winter season. Thanks all. :tiphat:

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I have a hard rule on Lake Powell. On the hook and secure by 4pm. For a couple reasons, I don't want to be looking for a cove for the night later than that and it's time for happy hour :)

View attachment 826
Another nice photo, thanks for reminding me that it is time for lunch:). Denny.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I've been to Lake Ontario and Niagara Falls on the Canadian side but the only Canadian body of water I've been on is St. Catherine's. I was on an 8 man crew team in high school. We had a meet with Canacious HS in Buffalo. Suppose to row somewhere above the falls but water was coverined with ice so they moved the event to St. Catherine's. . 69 or 70. We had a blast up there. :D

Love the pics. This is the time of year when most of us cannot boat so boaing pics help get us through this winter season. Thanks all. :tiphat:
Not only the photos, but the stories that go along with them.
I have the pleasure of my girl 12 mouths a year. In the off season she sits on her trailer in her own room in my heated building, and I get to play with her all winter, so she will be ready to go in the spring. She has been spoiled, if she is not in the water, she is on her trailer setting in her room. Denny.