Pictures of your boats

Phillbo

canyon balls.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Doc

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Here is my ole 50 ft Gibson Houseboat. Powered by two 7.4 Crusader Engines. Had so many parties on this boat. I loved it. I sold it in 2013. Owned it for 7 boating seasons.

gibson1.JPG
gibson2.JPG
gibson3.JPG
gibson4.JPG
gibson5.JPG
gibson6.JPG
gibson7.JPG
gibson9.JPG

Attachments

• gibson8.JPG
    gibson8.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 105

Phillbo

LOL.. It appears every marina has a Sotally Tober ... there are 3 in mine...

Bow Riding- the Girlfriend loves to do it in the canyons. It's illegal so I only let her ride the bow when off season and we own the lake. The Rangers never leave the doc. Hence the reason she is decked out like the Michelin Man:

Bow Ride.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Nice, looks very roomy. Love all the wood, especially the ships wheel. Denny.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
She was an 87 Gibson. We bought her in 2007. 50k So nice. went to house boat show in Louisville to see what the new onces looked liked. Most were lake boats. Underpowered for the river. Still 300k even in 2008. One like what we had were over 500k :eek: 10 times more than we paid but we had just as much or more fun on that ole girl. in the 80's they put a lot of wood on em and I loved it.

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
She was an 87 Gibson. We bought her in 2007. 50k So nice. went to house boat show in Louisville to see what the new onces looked liked. Most were lake boats. Underpowered for the river. Still 300k even in 2008. One like what we had were over 500k :eek: 10 times more than we paid but we had just as much or more fun on that ole girl. in the 80's they put a lot of wood on em and I loved it.
The 80's was a good era for anything that floated, they all had class and identity.
And lots of wood.:) Denny.

Phillbo

I had a 38' Choy Lee sloop with all teak decks.. NEVER AGAIN!!

Lived on it for 7 years and it was a LOT of work.
38 choy lee.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
I had a 38' Choy Lee sloop with all teak decks.. NEVER AGAIN!!

Lived on it for 7 years and it was a LOT of work.View attachment 844
The thing with teak is it is either a nice rich brown, or a dull gray and sometimes something in between.
By the way, she looks very pretty all dressed up in her brown teak. I have the good fortune of being able to board a lot of boats and from what I can see, she is one fine lady. I love the interior of sail boats, all wood from stem to stern.
Where were you at when you lived on her, that back ground looks like it is east of the Mississippi. Denny.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
top boat is my first boat. I had riden on my parents and my brothers boats but this was my first purchase in 1990. A 1988 Four Winns 200 Horizon. It had a 4.3 in it and it ran great. It was stolen in 1999, so I replaced it with a 1989 Baja Force 235. 454 / 330hp. Was not a speed demon but had a lot more power and room than the four Winns. Loved both of these boats. Wish I still had the Baja.

IMG_7083.JPG
IMG_7087.JPG

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Big jump, both nice looking, I still like the looks of the old ones. Everyone seams to say, I wish I still had it.

Doc

Liquid Addiction
Staff member
Big jump, both nice looking, I still like the looks of the old ones. Everyone seams to say, I wish I still had it.
My brother had a Chaparral 198 that we all loved. He bought it new in 1986. in 1998 a huge rain storm caused a big ole flash flood. The Chap was hooked to a permanent dock, so as the water went up overnight it sank the boat. He replaced it with a Force 220 Baja. After my Four Winns was stolen I rode in his Baja and on a friends Force 235 Baja. LOVED IT. So I went shopping for one for me. Loved the cockpit area of the 235, it seemed huge compared to other boats. We called it a dance floor. So much fun with that boat. Had it 15 years. 1700 hours on engine.

jsather007

Here a couple of progress pics of my current boat. 1986 Chaparral 198 Xl.

The first picture is when I picked up after buying through an online action sight unseen for $250 in February 2019. Yes, $250. It had so much snow in it I spent a good hour shoveling it out before I could head out. :)

The second is from last summer (2020) on the Mississippi right right in the city of Minneapolis. I've done some improvements but there are many more to come but we've used it nearly every weekend for the last two years.

20190218_104919.jpg

86Chaparral198XL_tower.jpg

Denny

Gold Site Supporter
Nice find, $250 what all did and does she need, did she run when you got her? Looks like she cleaned up pretty well.